This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Leader||King K. Rool|
|Homeland||Donkey Kong Island
|Affiliations||King K. Rool,|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country|
- "You're in my waters, punk! I'll finish you!"
- —Croctopus, Donkey Kong Country comic
Donkey Kong Country
Unlike most underwater enemies, Croctopus are completely invincible, and even Enguarde cannot defeat them. Their main attack pattern is to extend their poisonous tentacles and spin rapidly in set paths. There are two types of Croctopus: purple ones, who repeatedly swim in circles, and blue ones, who usually are dormant until passed by; they chase the passerby afterwards.
It has an unused sprite in the game's code, and its purpose is unknown. It appears to be some sort of possible death sprite.
Donkey Kong Country comic
In the comic, the Croctopus attacks the Kongs with its spinning tentacles, but is stopped by a Squidge who wants to attack the Kongs on its own.
- The plural of Croctopus is the same as the singular. Evidence for this is as follows:
- The name of the level Croctopus Chase has Croctopus, not Croctopi, and it is presumably referring to the chasing of multiple Croctopus.
- In the Game Boy Advance version of Donkey Kong Country, Funky's Fishing Challenge at Monkey Mines is described as: CROCTOPUS CULL: This time I would like you to catch 15 Croctopus within the time limit. The number "15" indicates that Funky is referring to multiple Croctopus.