Diddy Kong Racing DS
|Diddy Kong Racing DS|
|Release date:|| Feburary 5, 2007 |
April 19, 2007
April 20, 2007
Diddy Kong Racing DS is a game for the Nintendo DS which is a remake of the original Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64. This game is Rare's first game for the DS and the game also supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
 Differences from the original Diddy Kong Racing
Some of Diddy Kong Racing's differences:
- Diddy's design has changed.
- Tiny Kong (with a new, older design) and Dixie Kong replaced Banjo and Conker.
- Some Balloons are obtained differently or are moved to different locations.
- Taj and Wizpig are unlockable playable characters.
- The Silver Coin Challenge has been taken out and replaced with the Balloon Touch Challenge.
- The player can buy stuff with Rare Coins.
- T.T. now is unlocked if the player completes the first and second adventures and beats T.T. in the Time Trials.
- Instead of timing the start boost like in the Mario Kart games, the player must either use the stylus or blow into the microphone.
- The keys are different shapes instead of the same gold color.
- Four new unlockable stages have been added.
- The colors aren't as bright as in the original.
- The opening, credits, and starting Adventure Mode changes setting.
- Everyone, except for T.T., had a different voice actor.
The gameplay remains relatively unchanged from its predecessor, with the exception of the Balloon Touch Challenge.
|Donkey Kong series|