|Animal Buddies||Rambi the Rhinoceros|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klomp, Flitter, Kloak, Zinger, Krochead, Klobber, Click-Clack|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
Barrel Bayou is the first level of the swamp area, Krem Quay.
Barrel Bayou is the first swamp stage of Krem Quay. It features murky surroundings, plant life growing everywhere, and several barrel cannons. Barrel Bayou mostly serves to introduce Diddy and Dixie to the swamp, with several basic enemies, simple platforming involving getting from one boardwalk to the other, and barrel cannon segments. The Kloak enemy makes its debut here. Kloak are mysterious floating minions of Kaptain K. Rool that appear at several points throughout the walking areas, and tosses projectiles and enemies at the Kongs.
Rambi the Rhinoceros is available in this level, and is found by jumping over the first Zinger, then onto a Krochead, and finally leaping to a small little boardwalk containing his Animal Crate. He is best used to dispose of any Zingers or Kloaks in the way. By getting Rambi to the No Animal Sign, the heroes are awarded a DK Coin.
- Neek: 9
- Klomp: 1
- Flitter: 1 (2 more in a bonus room)
- Kloak: 10
- Krochead: 1
- Zinger: 11 (1 more in a bonus room)
- Klobber: 4
- Click-Clack: 3
- Banana Coin: 2
- No Animal Sign: 1
- DK Coin: Get past the "No Animal Sign" with Rambi.
- Treasure Chest: 2
- Kannonball: 2
- Green Extra Life Balloon: 1, in a treasure chest thrown by a Kloak.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the first rotatable barrel cannon.
- O: Underneath a Zinger.
- N: Floating on a Kloak that throws some Click-Clacks. Once he throws some Click-Clacks, he will float away and the letter is accessible.
- G: Hovering near some bananas during the segment where the Kongs cross the swamp via cannon barrel that shoots vertically.
- Photograph: In the Game Boy Advance remake, the photo can be found by jumping on the Krockhead after the first Zinger in the level.
- Golden Feather: In the GBA remake, it is found in between two Rotatable Barrel Cannons while normally progressing through the level.
- DK Barrel: 5
 Bonus Levels
- Destroy Them All! -- To access this bonus stage, Diddy and Dixie will have to follow a Kloak that comes after the No Animal Sign until he drops a Treasure Chest containing a Kannonball. This kannonball must be put into the Kannon to be transported to the level. Once in the level, the Kongs will have 15 seconds to use a nearby Kannonball to defeat two Flitters and a Zinger above them. After accomplishing this, their Kremkoin is in the right corner.
- Find The Token! -- The heroes will have twenty seconds to reach the other side of the swamp area. They must use the rotating barrel cannons in order to make it across.