This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Vine Valley (level)
|Enemies encountered||Tiki Zing, Chomps, Tiki Buzz, Spore Chomp, Tiki Goon, Tiki Doom, Vine Chomp
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Vine Valley starts out near some crystals underground, showing the location is still in the Cave area. By going up via the bouncy mushrooms and barrel cannons, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong will enter the deep forest of Vine Valley. The Kongs will have to go through the forest by walking across trees, swinging on vines, and clinging on grass. This forest has plenty of hidden areas, obstructed by plantlife and such. The enemy cast here is basic; some Tiki Goon are around for the ground segments and Tiki Buzz for the vine swing areas. Chomps can be found here in various forms, and must be avoided.
- Banana Coin: 15 (4 more in bonus level)
- Heart: 6
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 (2 more in bonus level)
- DK Barrel: 3
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: To the right of the Spore Chomp after the vine swinging section.
- O: In the area where the Kongs are Clinging on grass, it is on top of the third cling-able area.
- N: Above a Spore Chomp.
- G: In between two Vine Chomps.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: Found by heading left at the start of the level.
- 2: Win the first bonus level to get this piece. The bonus level has an open entrance.
- 3: At some point, there will be a lone, long vine to swing on with a rather large plant in the foreground obstructing a barrel cannon. Jump into the bush to access the cannon and the piece.
- 4: In the area with some Tiki Goons after the 3rd puzzle piece, a ground pounding a yellow plant in the background will reveal the piece.
- 5: Win the second bonus level. This level is hidden; on the clinging section, go to the first cling-able oval and go to the top. Jump to the left and grab a vine, go up it to get the area.
- 6: Get all the bananas in the vine swinging section after the Clinging section to get this piece to appear.
- 7: At the end, blow on some red helicopter leaves and collect the three bananas. The final piece will appear.