This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|Notable features||First level with Moving Mine Track|
|Enemies encountered||Tiki Goon|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns
Rickety Rails is the introductory level to the Cave world in Donkey Kong Country Returns. This level features the Mine Cart, as the title implies, and strives to reinvigorate the excitement of Mine Cart levels.
Rickety Rails begins in a jungle area, but by going down the waterfall the entrance to a cave can be reached. By detonating the TNT, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong can enter the mine and start going through to find some Tiki Goons. Further on they will find a Mine Cart. In the Mine Cart, the rails will start falling down and Squeekly enemies will fly into the player. These hazards must be avoided, and along the way several items and secret areas can be accessed.
At the brief non-cart points, the Kongs must usually make it tot he next cart. In two walking segments, the level's bonus areas can be found. In the barrel cannon segments, the Kongs must react quick and make it across the area without falling down.
- Banana Coin: 9 (6 more in bonus rooms)
- Heart: 1
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 in bonus room.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found floating in the air between some Squeekly.
- O: Floating in the air after the first crystal drops. Jump off the cart just when it reaches the edge of the rails
- N: Above a platform that breaks when stepped on.
- G: Reached by jumping into an auto-fire barrel that fires the Kongs along a banana trail.
- Puzzle Pieces:
- 1: In the cave of the background area to the left.
- 2: When the Kongs reach some platforms going up, go to the right and ram the wall to find the Piece.
- 3: Won for finishing the first bonus room.
- 4: Won for finishing the second bonus room.
- 5: On a platform to the lower left of a Cannon Barrel. The player must time the jump to miss the Barrel and land on the platform.
- The minecart music does not stop during the walking segments, with the exceptions of the checkpoint areas.