This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Red-Hot Ride (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Animal Buddies||Rambi the Rhinoceros|
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Neek, Klampon, Klobber, Krochead, Kruncha, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Red-Hot Ride, titled Redhot Ride in the game, is the fourth level of Krem Cauldron, in second world of Donkey Kong Land 2. It is the second lava-themed level in the game. Completing this level leads to Squawks's Shaft.
Redhot Ride takes place in the molten lava areas of Krem Cauldron, much like Hothead Hop. In this level, there are no Krocheads to help get across gaps of lava; Hot Air Balloons are instead used to cross these gaps. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must jump on the balloons and move them across the cauldrons to proceed. Aside from the Hot Air Balloons, some Flitter can also be used to get over the lava. Rambi the Rhinoceros makes his third appearance in the game, not being seen since Gangplank Galley. Although his usability is is brief, his ability to defeat Zinger enemies comes in handy; following his Animal Barrel, several Zinger enemies can be found in the air, in the paths of the Hot Air Balloons. Other enemies include the ramming Kremling Klobber, the biting Kremling Klampon, and the burly Kruncha.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: At one point about halfway in the level, traveling using a balloon normally will lead to an area with a lone Banana. The banana is above the DK Coin.
- Extra Life Balloons: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Right after the first Klampon.
- O: After getting Rambi, taking the hot air balloon and taking the shortcut above will lead to the "O".
- N: Obtained after beating the Collect The Stars! bonus level.
- G: Found hovering in the air near an air balloon.
- Treasure Chest: 1
- Collect the Stars! Diddy and Dixie will have 25 seconds to get on a hot air balloon and collect some stars hovering over a pit. Some Krochead are below, though it is better safe than sorry and sticking to the hot air balloon. Their Kremkoin is in the top right area.
The End of Level Target.