This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Oil Drum Slum
|Oil Drum Slum|
|World||Big Ape City|
|Theme||Big Ape City
|Enemies encountered||Kritter, Gnawty, Slippa, Krusha, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land
This level combines gameplay mechanics of the previous city-themed level, Skyscraper Caper, and a level from Donkey Kong Country, Oil Drum Alley. There will be the ropes that, when grabbed, will slide Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong upward. There will also be various Oil Barrels that are found throughout the stage, acting as platforms, hazards, or both. Some oil drums will not be on fire, some will always be on fire, and some will be on fire for a few seconds before going out. DK and Diddy must traverse the stage, being wary of the potentially dangerous oil barrels, dodging Zingers, and defeating various Gnawty and Kritter enemies. Keeping a tradition from the original Donkey Kong Country, the final level of DKL has an abundance of Krusha, though unlike the Krushas seen in Platform Perils, the Krushas here can be defeated by Donkey Kong alone.
The final level of the game, being the boss battle with King K. Rool, proceeds this level.
- DK Barrels: 3
- Extra Life Balloon: 7 (in bonus levels)
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above an abyss proceeding two oil drums that are on fire.
- O: On the second rope that slides upward.
- N: A Zinger flies on the "N" Letter, found shortly before the second checkpoint.
- G: On an awning seen shortly after the TNT Barrel.
- TNT Barrel: 1
- Find the Exit! -- On the second rope that slides the Kongs upwards, they should take a detour to the left of the rope instead of riding it up, to find the bonus level. The bonus stage itself is a narrow underwater passage with a Snapper, Fangfish, and Chomps Jr.. By reaching the other side of the area, up to four Extra Life Balloons can be grabbed.
- Find the Exit! -- The single TNT Barrel seen in this stage must be used to destroy an oil barrel on the ledge to its east. Walking down the ledge will lead to the bonus level. In this ship-themed level, three Extra Life Balloons will float upward, and Donkey/Diddy will have to hurry to grab them before they're out of reach. They can climb ropes and utilize a barrel cannon to gain height.