Jungle Hijinxs (Donkey Kong Country Returns)
|Notable features||First level in DKCR;|
Has DK's treehouse and Banana Hoard
|Enemies encountered||Awk, Rawk, Tiki Goon, Frogoon, Screaming Pillar
|Game||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|<< List of Levels >>|
Jungle Hijinxs is the first level of Donkey Kong Country Returns. It was named after the original Donkey Kong Country's first level, Jungle Hijinxs. The two levels share a few similarities, such as Donkey Kong's Treehouse being accessible.
Every time the level is started, the player(s) must shake their controllers (Wii version) or press X/Y (3DS version) and beat up the Kalimba Tiki which had tried to hypnotize Donkey Kong in the intro. After, the level starts. The player has access to the Banana Hoard and DK's treehouse behind them, and in the tree house there is a free life, while in the hoard the Kongs can get their first puzzle piece. The rest of the level is fairly basic, with few bottomless pits and mostly plain design. There are a notable amounts of Awk, which are easily jumped or rolled into to defeat. Various yellow plants in the background can be Ground Pounded to break. Lastly there are plenty of other plants to Blow on.
- Banana Coins: 9 (counts bonus area, does not count triple jumps)
- Hearts: 4
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: On a tree platform after some Awks
- O: In a gap below three floating platforms. Must roll jump to get safely.
- N: When the Kongs enter the background, the N is found on one of the platforms.
- G: In order to get the G, the Kongs must go on the very last tree platform and do a successful roll jump, with Diddy for the best safety net.
- Puzzle Pieces: (in order of which they appear)
- 1: In the empty banana hoard, one of the helicopter plants needs to be blown on
- 2: Found by blowing on a white plant tree platform early in the level, accessed by going to the lower platforms and making the way up left.
- 3: After the two Screaming Pillars fall on top of each other, the Kongs must ground pound them both to reveal the piece.
- 4: Found by ground pounding a yellow plant near a gray revolving platform
- 5: The Kongs must jump on a plant near two statues which cause them to release bananas. Once all are collected the piece will be revealed.
- 6: When the Kongs are launched in the background after the DK Button, the piece is in a white blowable plant to the far left (must roll jump)
- 7: Found in the lone bonus area of the level - after being barrel blasted, a Tiki Goon will be near a gray rectangular area in the ground, which must be ground pounded to reveal the bonus area
- 8: Similar to the second puzzle piece, the Kongs must find a lower tree platform and make their way to the upper left.
- 9: Below the slot machine barrel at the end of the level, by walking all the way to the right to access a secret area.