This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Animal Buddies||Squitter (bonus level only)|
|Enemies encountered||Koco, Lurchin, Bounty Bass, Buzz, Kobble, Krimp
|Game||Donkey Kong Land III
Haunted Hollows takes place in a cavern that has been submerged in water. Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong begin the level swimming through a section of the cave that is underwater, and must swim for the first half of the level. They must avoid various aquatic adversaries underwater, including Bounty Bass, Lurchin, and Koco. The level's Koin can be found in the northeast corner of the first area the heroes can emerge from the water. The latter half of the level is above the water, where it becomes a standard cavern level akin to Stalagmite Frights. The burly Krumple enemies and explosive-tossing Kuchuka enemies are encountered in the latter half of the level. A Ghost Barrel makes an appearance shortly before the End of Level Flag, giving Dixie/Kiddy a boost upward.
- Animal Barrel: 1
- Banana Bunch: 2
- Bear Coins: 1
- DK Barrels: 3
- KONG Letters:
- K: Near the first Koco in the level.
- O: Found in between a Lurchin and a Koco.
- N: Obtained while getting launched out of Barrel Cannons.
- G: Found above a Bristles, past two Kuchucka.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Collect the Stars! -- The first bonus barrel is above the first Lurchin in the level. In the bonus level, twenty seconds is the time limit to get twelve stars. The stars are in groups of three and guarded by Kuchuka enemies.
- Bash the Baddies! -- The second bonus barrel is gotten to by jumping in a Barrel Cannon above the first Knocka encountered on land. In the stage, the heroes will become Squitter the Spider, and have forty seconds to defeat a multitude of Buzz enemies in the cavern. Some of the Buzz fly about abysses, so Squitter will need to use web platforms to cross the gaps and have stable ground to attack the Buzz with his web spitting attack. The bonus coin will appear beyond the No Animal Sign.