DK: Jungle Climber
|DK: Jungle Climber|
|Release date:|| August 9, 2007 |
September 10, 2007
October 12, 2007
November 15, 2007
|Modes||Single player, Multiplayer|
On top of the mountain, King K. Rool and his Kremling Krew are seen stealing a Crystal Banana from an "alien". They plan to conquer the universe with them. A Banana Spaceship then appears and battles DK and Diddy.
After the Kongs destroy the spaceship, a banana alien named Xananab exits it. He apologizes for attacking DK, as he thought that he was a Kremling. Xananab then claims that K. Rool stole the Crystal Banana. The Kongs then decide to seek the Crystal Banana for Xananab.
- Donkey Kong is the main playable character.
- Diddy Kong is the other playable character in Story Mode, along with DK.
- Dixie Kong is in charge of the Extra Stages. She is playable in the multiplayer mode.
- Cranky Kong gives Donkey Kong tutorials and hints throughout the game.
- Funky Kong flies DK and Diddy to extra levels for a certain amount of Oil Barrels. He is playable in the multiplayer mode.
- Candy Kong is in charge of the Challenge Mode.
- Wrinkly Kong returns as a ghost. She only makes a cameo in the intro.
- Xananab is a banana alien whose Crystal Banana was stolen by K. Rool.
- Banana Spaceship
- Mega AMP
- King K. Rool is the leader of the Kremling Krew and the game's main antagonist.
- Banana Coins can be spent on extra levels.
- Bananas can be collected to tally up to one hundred for an extra life.
- Crystal Star grants temporary invincibility.
- DK Coins are collected to unlock cheats throughout the game.
- Jewels can be collected to make a Crystal Star to appear on the touch screen when one hundred are collected.
- K-O-N-G Letterss return and collecting all four letters grants an extra life.
- The hammer allows DK or Diddy to break wooden boxes and stone blocks.
- A Torch is used to melt ice.
- Wings allow the Kongs to temporarily fly in a level.
- Auto-Fire Barrel
- Bonus Barrel
- Booster Barrel
- DK Barrel
- Oil Barrel
- Rotatable Barrel
- TNT Barrel
- Wooden Barrel
- ? Barrel
Seven minigames appear in DK: Jungle Climber:
World 1: Sun Sun Island
- 1-1 Cranky's Teachin's
- 1-2 Sun Sun Beach
- 1-3 Jungle Beach
- 1-4 Cool Cool Cave
- 1-5 Cliffy Peak
- 1-6 Little Sun-Sun Island
World 2: Lost Island
- 2-1 Tropical Treetops
- 2-2 Glass Labyrinth 1
- 2-3 Road to Ruins
- 2-4 Forest Ruins
- 2-5 Toybox 1
- 2-6 Little Lost Island
World 3: Ghost Island
- 3-1 Spooky Woods
- 3-2 Veggie Patch
- 3-3 Boogity Bog
- 3-4 Toybox 2
- 3-5 Panic Factory
- 3-6 Little Ghost Island
World 4: Chill 'n' Char Island
- 4-1 Falling Falls
- 4-2 Snowful Slope
- 4-3 Glass Labyrinth 2
- 4-4 Fiery Volcano
- 4-5 Kremling Dock
- 4-6 Little Chill 'n' Char Island
World 5: High-High Island
For the game's gallery, see DK: Jungle Climber/gallery.
|Donkey Kong series|