Cranky Kong's Shop
- "Be sure to shut the gate on the way out! I didn't raise you in a barn!"
- —Cranky Kong
|Cranky Kong's Shop|
|Greater location||Donkey Kong Island|
|Inhabitants||Cranky Kong, Squawks|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Cranky Kong's Shop is a shop owned by Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country Returns and its Nintendo 3DS remake Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Here the player can buy numerous items to aid them throughout levels, such as Extra Life Balloons, Banana Juice, Heart Boosts, a Map Key, and even Squawks the Parrot.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
- "Donkey Kong's white bearded, grouchy grandfather Cranky Kong has set up shop in each world to help Donkey Kong in his quest. Cranky Kong can ramble on about anything, but don't ignore anything he has to say, as his ramblings provide useful information to those who pay careful attention."
Item description and price
- One Extra Life Balloon, which costs three Banana Coins
- Three Extra Life Balloons, which cost seven Banana Coins
- Seven Extra Life Balloons, which cost fifteen Banana Coins
- Banana Juice, which costs twenty Banana Coins ("Makes you temporarily invincible!")
- Heart Boost, which costs ten Banana Coins ("Adds one extra heart to your heart count.")
- Squawks the Parrot, who costs fifteen Banana Coins ("Squawks helps you find Puzzle Pieces.")
- A Map Key, which costs twenty Banana Coins ("This key opens a locked path in this world.")
- The Banana Juice potion could be an allusion to Donkey Kong 64, where Cranky was a scientist who crafted potions for the player.
- Among Cranky's rants are also numerous hints that allude to the Golden Temple.