This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy!|
|Enemies encountered||Kritter, Gnawty, Necky, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land
Congo Carnage is a level in similar vein to Rope Ravine, but is set in the jungle, with its namesake being the Congo Jungle. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong must reach the end of the area by using the various Ropes and avoiding King K. Rool's minions. Although short, the level does have challenging areas where Zingers circle the ropes or some Kritters and Gnawtys are around. The Necky vulture enemy makes its first Donkey Kong Land appearance, being a stationary projectile flinging enemy often perched on high ground. The Steel Keg is also found for the first time in the game, and can be used to defeat several enemies consecutively or to break open parts of the level. If bounced off a wall the Steel Keg can be jumped on and used to get around faster. A Steel Keg is needed to break open a wall at a certain point in the level to proceed.
The second snow level of Donkey Kong Land, Arctic Barrel Arsenal, proceeds this stage.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K - Found by climbing up the rope at the start of the level and going right.
- O - Hovering over a gap shortly after three Gnawty.
- N - In the air during a robe climbing section.
- G - After five Zingers in a later rope section, the "G" should be hovering high.
- Kong Token: 1 in level, 3 in bonus
- Find the Exit! -- Located below the "K" Letter at the beginning. Getting to this bonus stage can be tricky because if DK/Diddy fall too fast, the screen itself won't be able to keep up and they will die instead of reaching the barrel cannon. It is recommended to be at the end of the rope at the start, and upon seeing the barrel cannon, jumping down to it. In this ship deck themed bonus area the Kongs must reach the top, along the way there are Kong Tokens and some Mincers. There are three coins in total and four Mincers.
- Collect the Prizes! -- This bonus stage is found after the checkpoint, by sticking to the bottom of the stage. A barrel floats overhead and will shoot out Kong Tokens depending on how many have been collected beforehand. By pressing a button, the Tokens will shoot out, and each collected Tokens awards an extra life.