User talk:The Awesome
Hello there, and welcome to the Donkey Kong Wiki! I hope you'll be a helping hand around here!
- Please sign in if you haven't already, and create a user name! It's free, and it'll help you keep track of all your edits.
- Look at Recent Changes to see what's being edited right now!
- Want to have live chat with other wiki users? Check out the IRC!
- Be sure to sign comments to a talk page or forum with four tildes, ~~~~ at the end!
- You can ask at the Community Portal if you have any questions, an active admin, or post a message on my talk page.
Have fun editing! .
This is not the first wiki on which you have copied Super Mario Wiki's Autoconfirmed users page and placed it here, you've done the same thing on SmashWiki, and it's about time someone told you this. Not every wiki has the same autoconfirmation rights. If you're going to plagiarize a page from one wiki and plonk it on another, at least do a bit of research into the wiki's actual autoconfimation rights, rather than just Ctrl+F'ing Mario Wiki and replacing it with SmashWiki/Donkey Kong Wiki etc. ToastUltimatum 10:19, 13 October 2012 (EDT)
- Sorry I just want to make things fast. The Awesome 12:17, 13 October 2012 (EDT)
And suddenly concenus?
Just a few hours after you make a suggestion on Jungle Arena's talk page, you just go ahead and make that change without concensus? That page is linked to a lot, you can't just do as you like without permission. I personally preferred having a 'The' in front of it. ALWAYS wait until you have at least some kind of response. ToastUltimatum 16:40, 14 October 2012 (EDT)
- I'm confused, what about "Smash Arena"? The Awesome 15:29, 15 October 2012 (EDT)
Ok, I get it. The Awesome 17:27, 15 October 2012 (EDT)
Find a grammar book or somethin bro
DKWiki does not tolerate plagiarism, or copying, from other websites. In fact, I don't think any wikis do. All of your recent edits consist of blatant copy pasta off of MarioWiki, a NIWA affiliate. While DKWiki does cooperate alongside MarioWiki, we are not MarioWiki itself, and we have our own way of writing articles. Thus, I must insist that you stop copying immediately. I also must question why you thought this was acceptable after ToastUltimatum told you to not copy from other wikis.
If him telling you did not work, allow me to tell you. Copying is unacceptable, and this is your one and only warning from me. --HavocReaper 18:52, 16 October 2012 (EDT)
- Sorry. The Awesome 20:09, 17 October 2012 (EDT)
Quality Over Quantity
So, you've been going around the Wiki, mass-producing stubs. Now, Donkey Kong Wiki prides itself in working towards having 1,000 articles, and we wanted to reach that goal by making quality articles only. Courtesy of your one-sentence articles, we have now surpassed the 1,000 mark, and honestly, we're not too pleased with the way this is done. Quality definitely beats quantity on this wiki, and if one sentence with no images is the best you can muster, I advise you not to make any more articles, and just stick to editing existing pages. In fact, I don't just advise is, I will order that you don't make any more of these short articles. If someone were using Special:Random and wound up on one of these short articles, they aren't going to be very impressed with this wiki, are they? So, in brief, quit with the weak articles. Thank you. ToastUltimatum 12:46, 27 October 2012 (EDT)
- Sure! The Awesome 20:12, 26 January 2013 (EST)