This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Topsail Trouble (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Animal Buddies||Rattly the Rattlesnake|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klomp,|
Kruncha, Zinger, Flitter
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Topsail Trouble is similar in style to Mainbrace Mayhem, where Diddy and Dixie must make their way up the ship's mainbrace; on the way up are several masts and crow's nests. However, this time around the weather is a rainstorm, and features more enemies and lengthier stretches between solid ground. A new animal buddy named Rattly the Rattlesnake is introduced and will prove to be a valuable asset to the Kongs; Rattly can do very high jumps, similar to Winky the Frog of the original Donkey Kong Country, but Rattly can charge up his vertical jump to gain even more height. This "super jump" can be used to reach secret areas or just make the level go by faster, and is executed by holding "A" in the Super Nintendo version, or "R" in the Gameboy Advance port, and then releasing upon charging enough. The level is completable without Rattly's assistance, though the heroes will be inconvenienced to using hooks to gain height. About halfway through the level, a No Animal Sign prevents Rattly from continuing. Beyond the No Animal Sign, the level is similar in style to Mainbrace Mayhem, as previously stated.
- Neek: 2
- Klomp: 3
- Click-Clack: 3
- Kruncha: 1
- Zinger: 9
- Klinger: 3
- Flitter: 3 (10 more found in bonus stages)
- Rattly the Rattlesnake: Appears at the very beginning of the level. He has a very visible crate.
- Banana Coins: 3
- Crates: 2
- Extra Life Balloons:
- Red: 1
- Blue: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above two Neeks at the beginning.
- O: Above the first Klomp.
- N: A Zinger is found flying left-to-right over the "N" on the rope below the Crate item.
- G: Must be won at the end, at the End of Level Flag.
- Golden Feather (GBA): Found on a lone mast east of a Klinger. It is just barely visible but not impossible to miss.
- Treasure Chests: 1
- Destroy them All! -- Found above a tall mast shortly past the starting area of the level. Fifteen seconds are granted to defeat several Flitter. They are all flying relatively close to each other, so that they could be jumped off of in succession. Rattly is provided in the stage if he was not already in use.
- Find the Token! -- Accessed by jumping on an invisible hook in between two Flitters and a Zinger, and then jumping off of the Flitters to reach the bonus barrel in the upper left corner of the area. In the stage, the heroes have fifteen seconds to ascend some ropes to the Kremkoin. A few Flitters are encountered flying on the ropes.
- "G" Kong Letter
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin