|Animal Buddies||Rattly the Rattlesnake|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klomp,|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest|
Topsail Trouble is similar in style to Mainbrace Mayhem where Diddy and Dixie must make their way up the ship's mainbrace; on the way up are several masts and crow's nests. However, this time around the weather is a rainstorm, and features more enemies and lengthier stretches between solid ground. A new animal buddy named Rattly the Rattlesnake is introduced and will prove to be a valuable asset to the Kongs; Rattly can do very high jumps, similar to Winky the Frog of DKC, but Rattly can charge up his vertical jump to gain even more height. This "super jump" can be used to reach secret areas or just make the level go by faster. The level is completable without Rattly's assistance, though the heroes will be inconvenienced to using hooks to gain height. About halfway through the level, a No Animal Sign prevents Rattly from continuing.
- Neek: 2
- Klomp: 3
- Click-Clack: 3
- Kruncha: 1
- Zinger: 9
- Klinger: 3
- Flitter: 3 (10 more found in bonus stages)
- Rattly the Rattlesnake: At the very beginning of the level. Hard not to miss his crate.
- Banana Coins: 3
- Extra Life Balloons:
- Red: 1
- Blue: 1
- Treasure Chests: 1
- Crates: 2
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above two Neeks at the beginning.
- O: Above the first Klomp.
- N: A Zinger is found flying left-to-right over the "N" on the rope below the Crate item.
- G: Must be won at the end, at the End of Level Flag.
- DK Barrels: 3