This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Target Terror (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Animal Buddies||Squawks (bonus room only)|
|Enemies encountered||Klanks, Zingers, Flitters
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
In this level, Diddy and Dixie ride a Skull Cart, which is the DKC2 equivalent to the original Donkey Kong Country's Mine Cart. Upon jumping on the cart, it will move along the track. In the Skull Cart, Diddy/Dixie can move forward to make it accelerate, or jump. Introduced in this level are Check and X Barrels, which influence the level itself. Colliding into a Check Barrel will open a closed gate, allowing the heroes to proceed. Upon collision with an X Barrel, however, the opposite happens, where a gate in the path will close. Riding into a closed gate will injure Diddy or Dixie.
Target Terror will, in a nutshell, test the duo's ability to correctly activate the Check Barrels and avoid contact with the X Barrels.The level features the following enemies: Flitters, which can be jumped off of to reach Check Barrels, Zingers, who will patrol the airspace, and Klank, a new enemy who rides in a skull cart and throws barrels at the heroes. Following the second Klank in the level will lead to a bonus stage. Squawks the Parrot is briefly usable in a bonus level where Diddy/Dixie can be carried by him, and there are Zinger enemies to defeat within the time limit.
- Banana Bunch: 1
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: Past the "N" Letter, the DK Coin is obscured by a wooden wall. Jumping up behind the wall will give the duo the DK Coin.
- KONG Letters:
- K: Obtained by jumping off the first Flitter4 encountered.
- O: Shortly after the first bonus barrel.
- N: Past the gate that is opened by jumping on a Check Barrel that is being encircled by a Zinger.
- G: Gotten by exiting the second bonus level.
- Golden Feather: Exclusive to the Game Boy Advance remake of the game, a Golden Feather is behind a wooden wall shortly after the "K" Letter. The heroes must jump to reach it.
- Destroy them All! -- The first bonus barrel is in plain sight found after the first Klank, past two gates. In a bramble themed room, Squawks must be used to defeat nine Zinger in under thirty seconds.
- Find the Token! -- The second bonus level is found by following the second Klank down what would appear to be a bottomless pit, but is actually a hidden part of the track. The heroes have fifteen seconds to get to the other side of the room, utilizing various skull carts along the way.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Red Extra Life Balloon