This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Super Smash Bros.
|Super Smash Bros.|
|Release date:||Nintendo 64|
November 19, 1999
April 26, 1999
January 21, 1999
June 12, 2009
January 20, 2009
December 21, 2009
June 12, 2009
|Media||128 bit cartridge|
Super Smash Bros. is a game for the Nintendo 64 that has 12 of the most famous Nintendo protagonists of all time compete in a fighting crossover. Donkey Kong has appeared in this game as a default character. Donkey Kong also appears as a giant foe in 1 player mode. The sequel to this game is Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Relevance to Donkey Kong
- See also: SmashWiki's article on Donkey Kong (SSB)
Donkey Kong makes his appearance as the representative of his own series. Donkey is a heavyweight character with powerful and sluggish moves. He is also the largest and heaviest character in the game. This gives his large reach and hard to ring out, but is an easy target for combos and attacks. DK retains the ability to "carry", being able to hold foes on his back and carry them, a trait that would be seen in the rest of the series. In order to compete with the other characters, he has been given unique moves outside of the main series' scope, mostly punching based.
A giant version of Donkey Kong appears in the single player mode, who is so tough the player is assisted by two A.I. allies.
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong and Mario started out as arch-rivals, but they've patched things up in recent years. These days DK spends his time searching the jungle for bananas instead of kidnapping beautiful maidens. In the past few years, other members of the Kong family have cashed in on DK's fame as well, including his favorite nephew, Diddy.
- 6: The Jungle theme from Donkey Kong Country.
- 16: Donkey Kong's fanfare - a remix of the "Bonus Win/Boss defeated" music from Donkey Kong Country.
- 26: Sped-up 8-bit music that occurs when a character picks up the Hammer, in homage to the original Donkey Kong
|Donkey Kong series|