This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
|World||Tin Can Valley|
|Notable features||Ghost Barrels
|Enemies encountered||Buzzes, Sneeks, Re-Koils, Krimps, Krumples, Bristles
|Game||Donkey Kong Land III
This level introduces the Ghost Barrel. The Kongs must use this kind of barrel many times throughout the level to reach higher areas. A Booster Barrel also makes a brief appearance here, and it can lead the heroes up to a high point. About halfway through Stalagmite Frights, the heroes will encounter the Animal Barrel for Squitter the Spider, an Animal Buddy. He can defeat foes with his webs, and build platforms to reach Bonus Levels. There are actually two No Animal Signs for Squitter; one on the normal path, and one high above the first one, only reachable by using Squitter's web platforms to reach. The second No Animal Sign's area is where the level's Koin is found. Enemies in the level include Sneeks, Re-Koils, Bristles, Buzzes, Krimps, and even Krumples. A rare Kuchuka enemy guards the End of Level Flag by throwing bombs.
- Animal Barrel: 2
- Bear Coins: 1
- DK Barrels: 4
- KONG Letters:
- K: Encountered shorty after the first Booster Barrel.
- O: Located at a depression in the path after becoming Squitter.
- N: In an upper left crook of the cavern wall near some Sneek and Bristles.
- G: Obtained by jumping off of a Krumple as Kiddy near the End of level flag.
- No Animal Sign: 3
- Find the Token! -- The first bonus barrel is accessed by taking a detour north up the cavern shortly after the "O" Letter. A northern route will lead to a Ghost Barrel, a path with some Re-Koil and Buzz, and then the Bonus Barrel. In the stage, Squitter has twenty seconds to get to the east side of a segment of the cave with Kopters descending from above. Squitter can jump off of the Kopters or simply spit web at them as they fall to defeat them.
- Find the Token! -- The second bonus barrel is found by using jumping over the Barrel Cannons encountered shortly after the No Animal Sign, and sticking to the left wall of the cave. There will be a barrel cannon near the left wall which will lead to the bonus barrel and a DK Barrel. In the stage, the heroes have a thirty second time limit to get to the end of a cave room which is shaped like a mirrored "c". There are Buzz enemies that must be avoided, and some Ghost Barrels will appear and disappear throughout the area; they can launch the Kongs into the Buzzes, so they must be careful to avoid the ghost barrels.