This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Squawks's Shaft (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Animal Buddies||Squawks the Parrot|
|Enemies encountered||Klampon, Kannon, Klomp, Krook, Mini-Necky, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
The level title alone should give the player a glimpse of what to expect in this level—the Animal Buddy Squawks the Parrot and a mine shaft. In the beginning, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are introduced to a Krook, a hook tossing Kremling serving in the Kremling Krew. Diddy and Dixie must ascend the mine shaft by utilizing Barrel Cannons. Along the way up, Zingers are encountered, patrolling the airspace and impairing any Kong that comes in contact with it. Some Klomps are also found as well, though a simple Cartwheel attack can defeat the mindlessly marching fiends.
A little beyond halfway through the stage, Squawks' Animal Crate can be found, and the crate must be broken to free the feathered friend. He is not used to illuminate the passage, as seen in the original Donkey Kong Country, but rather to transport the Kongs to higher altitudes and defeat Zingers by utilizing a coconut spitting attack. As Squawks, the jump button can be repeatedly tapped to gain altitude and the attack button can be used to spit coconuts. Both abilities are vital to reaching the end of the level, as Zingers and Krooks will pose a threat to the heroes' quest. Krooks in particular use their appendage tossing attacks in attempts to affect Squawks at a range or angle that makes it hard to retaliate.
- Banana Coin: 4
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: To the right of the third Bonus Barrel.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- No Animal Sign: Found before the End of Level Target.
- Photograph: One of the Klomps in a trio has the photograph.
- Golden Feather: Directly above a Dixie Barrel.
- Treasure Chest 2
- Warp Barrel: Found by using Dixie Kong's Helicopter Spin to hover east of the starting platform.
- Find the Kremkoin! -- Found by using a roll jump east of a platform with three Klomp. The heroes have twenty seconds to locate the Kremkoin hidden inside a Treasure Chest. The chests will have a banana, banana coin, or the Kremkoin. A Red Zinger is in the middle of the area and can be used to break open the Chests, similar to a bonus level in Gangplank Galley. The chest with the Kremkoin is the second one up on the right side.
- Find the Kremkoin! -- The second bonus barrel is northwest of the Star Barrel. In under 25 seconds, the Kongs must utilize the Barrel Cannons provided to reach the top of the mine shaft. The Kremkoin awaits at the upper right.
- Destroy them All! -- The final bonus barrel is accessed by going east of a Krook past the first encounter with Mini-Necky. With the aid of Squawks, Diddy/Dixie have thirty seconds to eliminate the eight Zingers in the area. The Kremkoin is in the southeast corner of the room.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- "G" KONG Letter