This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Red-Hot Ride (Donkey Kong Country)
|Theme||Hot Head Bop
|Animal Buddies||Rambi the Rhino|
|Enemies encountered||Click-Clack, Flitter, Klobber, Klomp, Kruncha, Neek, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Red-Hot Ride is a lava themed level similar to Hot-Head Hop, however is notably different because of how Diddy and Dixie get around; while there are walking segments, this level's defining feature is the usage of Hot Air Balloons. These blue balloons can be jumped on and directed left or right to get over the large gaps of lava below. Rising steam emitted from the lava can help lift up the balloons and keep the Kongs above the lava. Zingers serve as obstacles while going over the lava.
Rambi is featured in this level, found fairly early on. Rambi can defeat the Zingers in the way, in addition to the Kruncha brutes easily. Also, his charge ability can be used on a wall to access a bonus room where Rambi, typically, must take out several minions under a time limit to earn a Kremkoin. The other half of the level must be done without the rhinoceros' aid.
The general gameplay of the level revolves around hopping on the Hot Air Balloons and using them to get to safer areas before reaching the ground. As stated previously, steam can help keep the balloons afloat, and the boost up can prove to be a life-saver or ender depending on the situation. Given there are also two DK Barrels found in the level, mistakes must be scarce.
- Click-Clack: 1
- Flitter: 4 (3 more in a bonus room)
- Klobber: 4
- Klomp: 5 in the bonus room.
- Kruncha: 7
- Neek: 3
- Zinger: 20
- Rambi the Rhinoceros: Shortly after the "K", his crate is on a cliff.
- Banana Coin: 5
- Banana Bunch: 1
- DK Coin: Directly above the "N" Letter.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found hovering above some lava.
- O: Under a Zinger, hovering above lava—best reached with Rambi's help.
- N: Above two Zingers; use a DK Barrel to defeat the Zingers.
- G: Found right before a trio of Zingers.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Golden Feather (GBA): Found shortly before the "G" Letter.
- Photograph (GBA): Obtained by defeating a Kruncha near the Star Barrel. To defeat it, a Team-Up throw can be used, a Click-Clack can be jumped on once, flipped over, picked up and thrown, or the DK Barrel past the star barrel can be thrown.
- Destroy them All! -- Accessed by breaking into a wall using Rambi's horn charge. The wall is found after landing from a balloon segment with a Kruncha on a balloon. Fifteen seconds are given to defeat five Klomp and three Flitter.
- Collect the Stars! -- The bonus barrel is found below the Star Barrel, with a Banana alluding to its location. Dixie can Helicopter Spin to it, or a balloon can be used to reach it. Thirty seconds are given to gather forty stars that are above lava with a balloon provided to ride on. In the Game Boy Advance remake, the arrangement of the stars was adjusted and there are now five additional stars to collect.
- Banana Coin
- Banana Bunch
- Extra Life Balloon
The Star Barrel
Game Boy Advance
The DK Coin.