An interactive map of the Northern Kremisphere- click the area for the respective article.
|Greater Location||Rare Island Chain (presumably)|
|Number of worlds||8 in DKC3 (9 in GBA) |
6 in DKL3
|Number of Bosses||8 in DKC3 (9 in GBA) |
6 in DKL3
|Final Boss||Baron K. Roolenstein|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 3 |
Donkey Kong Land III
The Northern Kremisphere is the main overworld of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III. The Northern Kremisphere seems to be swimming distance south of Donkey Kong Island, despite being called the "Northern Kremisphere". Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong had two adventures in this area.
It is quite a unique map screen, not only for its massive size, but for its depth in traveling it: players not only have the complete freedom of swimming in the water, they can even ride boats (via Funky's Rentals) to travel in the area, to find secret caves for bonuses. Players of the prior two Donkey Kong Country games will notice the difference immediately. The worlds remain restricted to a set path, though, save for the worlds with swimmable water sections. It is unknown if it is an island or part of the mainland, however, it is generally accepted be it's own island. It was once thought to be part of Donkey Kong Island, but subsequent games such as Donkey Kong 64 and Donkey Kong Country Returns have shown the entire island and this does not appear to be the case.
The landscape is very foresty and healthy, with many jungles and many lakes. As such, a majority of the levels and worlds are jungles and woods, with some lake/water levels as well. This is unlike previous games, where levels are usually more diverse (though there are various unique levels). It seems to be a tropical paradise, likely the reason why Donkey Kong and Diddy wanted to go on vacation here. There appear to be some snowy mountain areas and an industrialized area as well. Wrinkly's Save Cave and Funky's Rentals can be accessed, different from the overworld map from the previous two games, as well as areas to find the Brother Bears. The map in the previous two games only had access to the areas themselves. This is likely due to the large scale of the map itself, and less freedom to explore it would make it seem limited.
Funky's Rentals, which is found on the main overworld, has motorboats. It is only found on the overworld, unlike previous games where Funky could only be found in worlds. However, his travel service has changed: he now runs a motorboat rental service. These motorboats are critical to the exploration of the area, as some boats are needed to access later areas. By defeating certain bosses and collecting items, Funky will construct boats to travel over rocks and even waterfalls. In addition, using the boats makes travel faster in general. While fans were disappointed about not being able to fly in an airplane anymore, Funky can construct a helicopter used to fly over the mainland.
In Donkey Kong Country 3, Dixie and Kiddy explore the mainland here in search of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, who went here and mysteriously never returned. In the GBA version, a new world called Pacifica was found. In Donkey Kong Land III, even more new areas were found, likely due to the amount of people searching for Lost World in the contest, such as Cape Codswallop.
 Donkey Kong Country 3
- Lake Orangatanga: It is a lake with boardwalks and fertile land as well. The very top right of the area appears to be on a snowy cliff.
- Kremwood Forest: It is a forest that the Kremlings have taken over. The area is of a healthy forest, with many extremely tall trees and a river. The Kremlings also appear to have set up a lone mill in the forest, likely to use the lumber from the forest.
- Cotton-Top Cove: It is a series of waterfalls and lakes. This area was a popular tourist destination before the Kremlings took over it.
- Mekanos: It is a industrial island. It seems similar to Donkey Kong Island's Kremkroc Industries, Inc., since the land once appeared to be a healthy forest like most of the island, though the Kremlings took over it and used the land for industrial business.
- K3: It is a large snowy mountain range. There is a river and a factory there.
- Razor Ridge: It is a mountainous area, with a few lakes as well. There are also chairlifts.
- KAOS Kore: Located at the top of the Northern Kremisphere. The large castle, Kastle KAOS, is where KAOS is, and also where Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were being held prisoner.
- Krematoa: It is a sunken volcano. Baron K. Roolenstein's Knautilus is hidden here.
- Pacifica (GBA):
 Donkey Kong Land III
Gameboy Advance version
|Worlds of Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Land|
|Donkey Kong Country||Kongo Jungle • Monkey Mines • Vine Valley • Gorilla Glacier |
Kremkroc Industries, Inc. • Chimp Caverns • Gangplank Galleon
|Donkey Kong Land||Gangplank Galleon Ahoy! • Kremlantis • Monkey Mountains • Chimpanzee Clouds • Big Ape City|
|Country 2/Land 2||Gangplank Galleon • Crocodile Cauldron • Krem Quay • Krem Cauldron (DKL2) • |
Krazy Kremland • Gloomy Gulch • K. Rool's Keep • The Flying Krock • Lost World
|Country 3||Lake Orangatanga • Kremwood Forest • Cotton Top Cove • Mekanos • K3 |
Razor Ridge • Pacifica (GBA) • KAOS Kore • Krematoa
|Land III||Cape Codswallop • Primate Plains • Blackforest Plateau • Great Ape Lakes • Tin Can Valley • Lost World|
|Returns||Jungle • Beach • Ruins • Cave • Forest • Cliff • Factory • Volcano • Golden Temple|