This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Mudhole Marsh (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Zinger, Krochead, Click-Clack, Cat-O-9-Tails
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Mudhole Marsh is, as the title suggests, a swamp found near the end of the poorly maintained amusement park of Kremland. Mudhole Marsh takes elements from previous swamp levels found in Krem Quay, where Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong must reach the end of the swamp while avoiding jumping into the murky waters and watching out for enemies. The swamp has piers to get across, but throughout the level the Kongs have to cross gaps, made possible by utilizing various lily pads and barrels as platforms. In addition, they can climb onto giant upright cattails. Mini-Necky, Zinger, and Flitter are all found flying above the swamp waters, patrolling the air space. On the swamp's piers, the unique Cat-O-9-Tails enemies are encountered. If Diddy or Dixie jump into the Cat-O-Nine-Tails as its spinning, they can be launched up into items or Bonus Barrels. Later in the level, Kannon enemies firing wooden barrels are encountered. The wooden barrels must be jumped off of to progress in the stage.
- Banana Coin: 3
- Crate: 1
- DK Coin: One of the prizes at the End of Level Target.
- Kannonball: 3
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the first Cat-O-9-Tails.
- O: Inside a Treasure Chest.
- N: Located near the Kannon.
- G: Above a Cat-O-9-Tails near a Zinger.
- Golden Feather: To the left of a Kannon firing Wooden Barrels in the Game Boy Advance remake.
- Photograph: Also exclusive to the remake, a Mini-Necky above two Mini-Neckies has a photograph.
- Treasure Chest: 4
- Collect The Stars! -- The first Bonus Barrel is above a Cat-o-Ninie-Tails. The Kongs will be in a swamp area where they have to gather thirty stars before the thirty second time limit runs out. Ten stars are found above each of the three platforms, and on the right pier is the Kremkoin.
- Destroy Them All! -- The second Bonus Level is gotten to by putting a Kannonball into a Kannon. The duo have twenty seconds to defeat four Zingers and two Flitters. Some Kannonballs are found throughout the area to handle the flying fiends.
- DK Coin
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin