This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Mainbrace Mayhem (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Enemies encountered||Neeks, Click-Clacks, Klingers, Klomps
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
The level revolves around ascending up the Gangplank Galleon's Mainbrace. Diddy and Dixie must go up the various masts and ropes of the Gangplank Galleon, with several gaps and minions of Kaptain K. Rool, hence the "Mayhem". The level itself alternates between vertical climbing sections and short horizontal sections. The minions Neeks, Klomps, and Click-Clacks harass Diddy and Dixie on the walking sections, while the new enemy Klinger will interfere with their uprising.
The rope climbing has changed from the original Donkey Kong Country -- Ropes cannot be swung, only climbed vertically or horizontally depending on the rope. Also on the rope, the Klinger enemy, as mentioned above, are encountered. Theysimply climb up ropes and slide down them, acting as obstacles, as they cannot be touched while climbing. They can be defeated with a projectile, such as a Wooden Barrel or Kannonball. Additionally, in the level are some secrets that can be found by making detours from the main way to finish the level.
A Kannonball can be found in the level, and when brought to a Kannon, it can launch Diddy and Dixie into a bonus level. Should they fail the bonus stage, they can retrieve the Kannonball again and attempt a do-over.
- Banana Coins: 5
- Green Extra Life Balloon: 1
- Crate: 2
- DK Coin: Found on a mast to the right after completing the last bonus level.
- Kannonball: 2
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found on a rope after two Neeks.
- O: Also found on some rope near the second Klinger.
- N: A Klinger guards the "N" by sliding up and down the rope on it.
- G: Towards the end, the "G" is found on a low section of rope.
- Golden Feather (GBA): On a platform with two Banana Coins left of a Klinger.
- Find the Token! -- The first bonus barrel is found by doing a roll jump off of the east side of the starting platform, climbing on some ropes, and jumping to the barrel. In the stage, the heroes have twenty seconds to get to the top of the area where the Kremkoin is. A trail of bananas are on the rope.
- Destroy them All! -- The second bonus stage is accessed by getting the kannonball into the kannon. In the stage, 35 seconds are given to defeat some Klingers on some rope. A crate, wooden barrel, and kannonball are provided. The Kremkoin will appear where the heroes begin the stage.
- Collect the Stars! -- The final bonus barrel is found shortly after the second bonus barrel, above a platform west of two Klingers. The Team-Up is needed to reach it. In the stage, 35 seconds are allotted to gather 75 stars strung along ropes. The Kremkoin will appear in the top right corner of the area.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon