This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Lockjaw's Locker (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Animal Buddies||Enguarde the Swordfish|
|Enemies encountered||Klomp, Shuri, Flotsam, Lockjaw
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Lockjaw's Locker is the fourth level in Gangplank Galleon, the first world of Donkey Kong Country 2. This level is the first with swimming segments in addition to underwater characters, including Enguarde the Swordfish.
Diddy and Dixie begin the level by falling down the ship deck and into the depths of the sunken Galleon. They can move to the right to go land on a hidden area containing some items. At ground zero, they can go to the right to find some typical Klomp enemies, however the water level rises and turns this level into a swimming level. As such, many underwater foes are introduced, including Flotsam, Shuri, and the Lockjaw enemy of the level's namesake. Enguarde the Swordfish can also be found twice in this level, and his new charge attack can be used to break open a secret bonus room. In the level are various areas that can be passed through and lead to bonus items.
As stated previously, Enguarde's Animal Crate is found in two spots. The first crate is below the first Lockjaw encountered. A path will bring them to the crate, and the bonus stage that is accessible via a charge stab can be found above. The second time around, the crate can be found by going past the first Shuri encountered and heading south.
- Enguarde the Swordfish: Enguarde is found in two locations, both guarded by Lockjaws.
- One is found under the first Lockjaw; when it attacks, avoid it and head down below.
- The second is not very far past the checkpoint; again, a lone Lockjaw is found patrolling the area above Enguarde.
- Banana Coins: 6
- No Animal Sign: 2
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Located above the first Flotsam.
- O: A Lockjaw guards the "O"in the bottom right corner of the level.
- N: The "N" is shortly after the checkpoint, to the right of the green Flotsam.
- G: In the area with three Lockjaws, it is to the top left.
- Golden Feather (GBA): In plain sight, above two Flotsams. It is behind a swim-through wall.
- Find the Token! The player has forty seconds to locate the Kremkoin in an underwater maze. Can only be accessed via Enguarde stabbing a breakable area underwater. The breakable wall is made obvious with several bananas nearby being arranged so that they spell out the letter "A" (or "R" on Game Boy Advance), which is the command to charge, and a lone banana on the destructible surface.
- Banana Coin
- Banana Bunch
- Red Extra Life Balloon
Game Boy Advance
- In a similar fashion to the original Donkey Kong Country, Enguarde's first appearance in Coral Capers has him accessible in two separate locations. However, in Donkey Kong Country 2, the two are never seen at the same time due to the addition of the No Animal Sign.
- The background music for Lockjaw's Locker was remixed as the music for Irate Eight in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.