This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Lava Lagoon (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Animal Buddies||Enguarde, Clapper|
|Enemies encountered||Click-Clack, Flotsam, Kaboing, Klampon, Klobber, Lockjaw, Neek, Puftup
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Lava Lagoon is done is similar fashion to Lockjaw's Locker. Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong must swim through another ship wreck's interior; however, instead of the Gangplank Galleon it is one of the abandoned, lava-sunken ships in the Crocodile Cauldron. As such, it starts with regular water overflowing, though it will turn into lava. Lava, typically, is not safe to come in contact with. To combat the rising lava, Clapper the Seal is introduced. This animal buddy will cool off any lava nearby when he's jumped on. He is needed often because the water will always go back to lava after a little while. Enguarde the Swordfish also appears in this level, in a hidden location. He can use his bill stab to deal with the enemies faced underwater, which include Flotsam, Lockjaw, and a brand new enemy called Puftup. Puftup expand their bodies randomly, and are spiky. On the brief walking segments, there are basic enemies such as Klampon and Click-Clack.
Like Lockjaw's Locker, there are also some areas where Diddy/Dixie can swim through what appear to be solid areas of the wreck. For example, after the Checkpoint barrel, going through the area to the bottom right leads to Enguarde. Going directly up above the first Lockjaw of the trio just ahead of Enguarde will reveal an area where some Banana Coins and the letter "N" is. Finally, after the "G", where a Clapper is, to the bottom right area of the Clapper is lies another hidden area. Going right then up will reveal the DK Coin.
For whatever reason, in the Game Boy Advance remake of DKC2, the barrel cannon to launch the duo into the Exit Target was changed from a regular barrel cannon to a Dixie Barrel that only Dixie can utilize.
- Click-Clack: 3
- Flotsam: 13 (4 more in bonus)
- Kaboing: 1
- Klampon: 5
- Klobber: 1
- Lockjaw: 5
- Neek: 1
- Puftup: 8 (6 more in bonus)
- Clapper the Seal: Found in various places near lava; jump on him to cool the lava and make it swimmable.
- Enguarde the Swordfish: In a hidden area; after the checkpoint barrel, in the water area, bottom right. Also in the bonus room.
- Banana Coin: 7
- DK Coin: Found by going down and right of the final Clapper, past the "G" Letter. A ! Barrel will be found on the swim-through path there to avoid taking damage from lava. Beyond that, a DK Barrel and a banana trail will lead the duo towards the coin.
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 (Red) After getting past the No Animal Sign with Enguarde.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found in the bottom left corner after the third Clapper.
- O: Above a Lockjaw.
- N: High up in the area with three Lockjaws. Also in a secret area reached by going up where the first Lockjaw is.
- G: After the Puftup, in a bottom right corner.
- No Animal Sign: 2
- Golden Feather (GBA): Above a swim-through area, in the room with four Puftup.
- Destroy them All! -- This bonus barrel is behind a breakable wall. A lone banana at the entrance alludes to the location; Use a Wooden Barrel to break open the entrance. In the bonus level, the time limit is 35 seconds, and the duo must defeat all the Puftup and Flotsam in the area with the aid of Enguarde. The pathway is narrow, and the Kremkoin will appear at the end of the path, past the No Animal Sign. There are ten foes in total, four Flotsam and six Puftup.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon
The Star Barrel.