Klubba's Kiosk in Donkey Kong Country 2.
|Greater Location||Crocodile Isle|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 2 |
Donkey Kong Land 2
- "The towering Klubba demands payment of anyone who would cross his bridge, and he'll only accept Kremkoins. If you're feeling brave, why not challenge him to a little game?"
- —Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) instruction booklet
Klubba's Kiosk is a location operated by Klubba in Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Land 2. It appears in every area of Crocodile Isle, except for Gangplank Galleon and The Flying Krock. Klubba guards others from using a Golden Barrel to access the Lost World, although he is shown to dislike his job and allows Diddy and Dixie to enter the Lost World by paying Kremkoins.
The area has a rundown shack with "TOLL" painted on the roof and a small, wooden plank for crossing a polluted swamp (judging from an overturned Oil Drum). In the GBA and SNES versions, there is also a punching bag that depicts Diddy's face with a pair of boxing gloves behind it. The area also seems to be near a spooky forest.
Appearances in video games
Klubba's Kiosk debuts in Donkey Kong Country 2. Diddy and Dixie are first confronted at by Klubba at Crocodile Cauldron. Upon entrance, he gives the duo a few options:
- Pay Up: If the Kongs pay Klubba fifteen Kremkoins, he permits them to access Lost World. The two monkeys can access the Monkey Museum and a specific level depending on which world the Kiosk is entered at. In the Game Boy Advance version, each of the five Lost World levels are accessible from any Kiosk once the Kongs have paid fifteen Kremkoins to access it at the appropriate Kiosk.
- Fight!!!: If selected, Klubba swings his cudgel at the Kongs, forcing them out of the Kiosk.
- Bag a Bug (exclusive to the Game Boy Advance version): If chosen, the Kongs pay Klubba five Banana Coins to play a mini-game called Bag a Bug; in the mini-game, either Diddy or Dixie have to collect fireflies around the Kiosk (with an overhead view) while being chased by Klubba. The more fireflies they catch, the more rewards (which can be Bananas, Banana Bunches, or Red Balloons) they receive.
- Run Away: This option is identical to Fight!!!: Klubba swings his cudgel and forces the Kongs out of his Kiosk.
Below is a list of levels and from which worlds Kiosk they are accessible at:
|World||Lost World Location|
|Crocodile Cauldron||Jungle Jinx|
|Krem Quay||Black Ice Battle|
|Krazy Kremland||Klobber Karnage|
|Gloomy Gulch||Fiery Furnace|
|K. Rool's Keep||Animal Antics|
After all 75 Kremkoins are paid to Klubba, Krocodile Kore is accessible at the Lost World from any Kiosk.
If the Kongs have paid fifteen Kremkoins at a Kiosk in the Super Nintendo version, they directly re-enter the Lost World from the identical establishment. In the Game Boy Advance remake, Diddy and Dixie are first provided with options. Like Kong Kollege, the scenery of the Kiosk differs depending on which world the monkeys are at in the Game Boy Advance re-release.
The Kiosk is the background scenery of the "Cast of Characters" ending credits segment in the game's Super Nintendo version. Various sceneries are shown in the Game Boy Advance version, not including Klubba's Kiosk.
Klubba's Kiosk reappears in Donkey Kong Land 2. Unlike Donkey Kong Country 2, Klubba only has one Kiosk establishment, accessible from the Crocodile Isle map. It is accessible after Diddy or Dixie defeat Kreepy Krow at Gloomy Gulch, and is located to the left of that location.
Upon entrance, the Kongs are only given two options:
- PAY UP (afterward, ENTER LOSTWORLD): Diddy or Dixie must pay all 47 Kremkoins to Klubba to access the Lost World. Unlike Donkey Kong Country 2, each level of the Lost World is completed chronologically, with the current level having to be completed before the next can be accessed. After paying, the option becomes: ENTER LOSTWORLD.
- RUN AWAY: If this option is selected, Klubba yells at the active Kong, who then leaves the Kiosk. He doesn't whack either one, unlike the predecessor.
Unlike Donkey Kong Country 2, the Kiosk is not engulfed by a polluted swamp. The overturned Oil Drum, the wooden plank, and the punching bag depicting Diddy, complete with boxing gloves, are also absent. Klubba stands at the leftmost area of the Kiosk instead of the right, where he stands in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Klubba's Kiosk is once again the background scenery during the "Cast of Characters" ending segment of Donkey Kong Land 2.