This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Kannon's Klaim (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Klomp, Kannon, Kruncha, Mini-Necky, Neek, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Kannon's Klaim takes place in an abandoned mine shaft. In the background several untouched diamonds can be seen. This level is a vertical level similar to Mainbrace Mayhem, where Diddy Kong and Dixie must get to the top of the level to finish it. Instead of climbing up ropes and masts, they must go up via Arrow Barrels. Zingers and Flitter can be hazardous when going up. Along the horizontal paths, simple Neek and Klomp minions stand in the duo's way. Kruncha also make brief appearances.
In addition, two enemies are introduced; Necky and Kannon. Hailing from the original Donkey Kong Country, the Neckys appear to be Mini-Neckys with bandannas, however instead of spitting nuts they do a diving attack. The Kannon enemy fire projectiles, usually Kannonballs but sometimes Wooden Barrels; the latter can be jumped on for a height boost. Ironically, Kannon are seldom seen in the level, despite the level being named after it.
This level is unique given the DK Coin must be obtained in the level's first bonus area; this bonus area is to the right of the first platform at the start of the level. Dixie's Helicopter Spin is best used to reach it.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Coin: Found by doing a roll jump east of the first platform in the first bonus level.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Navigate right while in the barrel cannon to the right of some Klomps.
- O: To the upper left of the small platform with a Klomp.
- N: Above a Diddy Barrel.
- G: In a treasure chest.
- Golden Feather (GBA): Directly above the Exit Target; jump off of a Mini Necky to reach it.
- Find the Token! -- Found by using Dixie's Helicopter Spin off of the far right of the platform at the start of the stage. Thirty seconds are given to get to the top of the area utilizing Diddy and Dixie barrels. If Dixie uses her Helicopter Spin or Diddy does a Cartwheel jump to go to the platform east of the starting location, they will find the DK Coin.
- Find the Token! -- Accessed by jumping up and left of a platform after encountering the first Necky. In the level, the time limit is 25 seconds, and the Kongs must get to the top of the room utilizing arrow barrels.
- Find the Token! -- A Kannon firing Wooden Barrels guards the bonus barrel leading to the final bonus level in Kannon's Klaim. In the bonus level, ten seconds are given to jump off of several Flitters over an abyss. There are six Flitter in total, though all of them may not be needed to reach the Kremkoin.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon