This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Hot-Head Hop (Donkey Kong Land 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Animal Buddies||Squitter the Spider|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klampon, Klobber, Krochead, Kruncha, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2
Hot-Head Hop, dubbed as Hothead Hop in the game, is the first level of Krem Cauldron, in the second world of Donkey Kong Land 2. This level is based on Hot-Head Hop from Donkey Kong Country 2; both levels have the same enemies, similar platform jumps, and the animal buddy Squitter. After this level is Kannon's Klaim.
As the first lava level in the game, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are in for a challenge; they must avoid the hazardous lava below them and combat Kaptain K. Rool's minions. Basic enemies such as Klampon and Neek are common, but this level also has some Klobbers and even a Kruncha. Hot-Head hop introduces the Krochead enemy; this enemy only shows its head, above lava. Its head can be used as a platform to get over the gaps of lava throughout the level. Most of the challenge in this level is crossing the lava gaps by using Krocheads. Also in this level, the Animal Buddy Squitter is playable for the first time in Donkey Kong Land 2. He can use his webs as an attack to defeat enemies or as a platform to cross gaps or gain height. There are various secrets that can only be found by using Squitter's web platforms.
- Banana Coin: 1
- Kannonball: 1
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: When the Kongs see the Kruncha, he should be jumped over and the Treasure Chest to the right can be broken by throwing it at the Kruncha. This chest contains the "K".
- O: At a certain point after the Star Barrel, a formation of bananas pointing up should guide the way to the "O". Squitter's web platforms must be used.
- N: Found at the bottom of a hill.
- G: Jump into a barrel cannon after the Kannonball and the "G" can be obtained.
- Treasure Chest: 2
- Find The Token! -- As Squitter, a large gap of lava must be crossed by using his web platform and reach the other side. The opposite side has the Kremkoin.
- Destroy Them All! -- Diddy/Dixie will have twenty seconds to defeat four Klampons. After, their Kremkoin can be obtained by running to the far right and jumping to it.
A Klampon approaches Diddy