This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Hot-Head Hop (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Theme||Hot Head Bop
|Animal Buddies||Squitter the Spider|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klampon, Klobber, Krochead, Kruncha, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Hot-Head Hop introduces the "Lava" levels of Donkey Kong Country 2. These levels take place in hazardous volcanic terrain, with deadly pools of lava that need to be crossed. Krocheads are introduced to help get over the gaps in between islands. Green Krockheads act as straightfoward platforms to be jumped on. Red Krockheads will open their mouth when jumped on, giving a height boost to whoever jumped on them. The amount of height gained varies per Red Krockhead. Klobbers found throughout the level can easily knock Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong into the lava pools.
Squitter the Spider also makes his debut appearance. He is an Animal Buddy who can spit web to take out enemies in his path, or use web as a platform to reach higher areas. The DK Coin and bonus areas are found high above what Diddy and Dixie can normally reach, and Squitter needs to use his web ability to reach them. Bananas can be found floating in mid-air arranged to spell a letter signifying how to use Squitter's webs.
- Banana Coin: 2 (1 in treasure chest)
- Extra Life Balloons:
- Green: 1 (Use Team-Up at the start of the level to reach a treasure chest hidden to the top left)
- Kannonball: 1
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Inside a treasure chest at the beginning.
- O: Above a platform with several Klampons.
- N: Shortly after the trio of Neeks.
- G: Above a Kruncha.
- Golden Feather (GBA): Inside of a Treasure chest found immediately proceeding the first Red Krockhead.
- Photograph (GBA): Obtained by defeating a Klobber below the second Bonus Barrel. The photo is of Klobber.
- Treasure Chest: 4
- Collect the Stars! -- The first bonus stage is accessed by putting a Kannonball into a Kannon. In the stage, twenty seconds are allotted to amass sixty stars that are above some Red Krockheads. The Kremkoin will appear at the east side of the area.
- Find the Token! -- The second bonus stage is located at the end of a banana trail going northeast. Use Squitter to reach the high-up Bonus Barrel. In the stage, twenty seconds are given to ascend a flat room. Squitter must use web platforms to go up high and reach the Kremkoin.
- Find the Token! -- The final bonus stage is above two Klampons near the end of the stage. Squitter is needed to reach it and finish the bonus level; Twenty seconds is the time limit to cross an abyss. Web platforms are needed to stay above the lava.
- Banana Coin
- Banana Bunch
Diddy about to reach the End of Level Target