This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Glimmer's Galleon (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Enemies encountered||Klomp, Flotsam, Lockjaw, Puftup, Shuri, Spiny
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Glimmer's Galleon is similar in style to Lockjaw's Locker where Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are tasked with getting through the underwater shipwreck of a large galleon, filled with the aquatic adversaries Flotsam, Puftup, and Shuri. The interior is dark, making swimming safely difficult. Luckily, Glimmer the Anglerfish is available to help out the duo.
If the heroes go directly upward at the start of the level, they will find a Banana trail leading directly into a Bonus Level. Additionally, the room with the entrance to the bonus level has some swim-through walls around it. The northwest corner will lead to some Banana Coins, going northeast of the entrance to the bonus stage leads to Banana Bunches, and going up the northeast corner of that room will lead to the DK Coin.
Glimmer will aid the Kongs in seeing the path ahead. The galleon has several narrow passageways and some maze-like sections to traverse. All throughout the level, there are parts of the ship that can be swam through, despite looking like an obtrusion that cannot be swam through. Beyond the false walls are Bananas, Banana Bunches, and Banana Coins. In the narrow areas, Lockjaw will try to attack the Kongs, and they must be careful in what space they have. Flotsam typically are found in open areas, along with Puftup. The Puftup enemies will expand when Diddy or Dixie get near, and will explode shortly after expanding, sending four spike projectiles out into the water around them.
In the Game Boy Advance remake of the game, the level is noticeably brighter to accommodate for the original GBA model's lack of a backlit screen.
- Banana Coin: 9
- Extra Life Balloon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: In a corner to the upper left of a Lockjaw.
- O: The "O" is accessible via a swim-through spot near a Flotsam.
- N: Underneath a Lockjaw and a DK Barrel.
- G: Above two Lockjaws.
- Photograph: In the Gameboy Advance version only there are two Photographs;
- 1: It is invisible until swam over in one of the swim-through shortcuts.
- 2: Right above a Shuri; avoid the Shuri or utilize a ! Barrel to get the camera. The ! Barrel is invisible, and its location is indicated by a lone banana in a swim-through portion of the ship hold.
- Golden Feather: In the narrow swim area with Shuri it is in a top corner.
- Find the Token -- Found by swimming up and to the right at the very start of the level. The heroes will have forty seconds to navigate in the dark through an underwater maze to the Kremkoin. The Kremkoin is in the top right of the area, but the route to it has several ups and downs.
- Find the Token -- Similar to the first bonus room, except the entrance is below a Lockjaw that is below a Puftup in a maze-like area. The Kongs will have thirty-five seconds to make it to the top right of an underwater maze, this time assisted by Glimmer.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon