This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Ghostly Grove (Donkey Kong Country 2)
|Notable features||Ghost Ropes|
|Enemies encountered||Flitter, Klampon, Klobber, Klomp, Kloak, Kruncha, Spiny, TNT Knocka, Zinger
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Ghostly Grove is the introductory level of Gloomy Gulch in Donkey Kong Country 2. The level can be accessed after King Zing is defeated in Krazy Kremland. When the level is completed Haunted Hall may be accessed.
Ghostly Groove takes place in a dense, ominous forest featuring ambient background music. The level begins with Kloaks throwing Crates at Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong. Shortly after, the level introduces the Ghost Ropes, which are a variant of Rope exclusive to Gloomy Gulch's haunted forests. These ropes will appear for a brief moment before disappearing completely. While they are visible, they can be grabbed and climb on as if they were a normal rope. The Ghost Ropes disappear and reappear at set times, and throughout the level certain ropes may disappear quicker in challenging areas. Also in this level are Klobbers and Kaboom enemies, which will try to knock the heroes off platforms, Zingers, who serve as mid air obstacles, and Kruncha enemies that are found in pairs.
- Flitter: 1
- Kaboom: 4
- Klampon: 9
- Klobber: 5
- Klomp: 2
- Kloak: 3 (one more in the Game Boy Advance version)
- Kruncha: 4
- Ghost Rope: 28
- Red Zinger: 1
- Spiny: 6
- Zinger: 8
- Banana Coin: 2
- Crate: Endlessly thrown by Kloaks.
- DK Coin: Obtained by using Dixie Kong's Helicopter Spin to reach a barely visible barrel cannon underneath the floor below the "O" KONG Letter.
- Green Extra Life Balloon: 1 (Game Boy Advance re-release only)
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: In a small pit with a Klampon and Spiny.
- O: Found hovering high above a lone Spiny; and a nearby Ghost Rope can be used to reach it.
- N: Inside a treasure chest found above two Klobbers.
- G: At a certain point in the level, some floating bananas float in a circle formation, and in the center of the circle is the letter G.
- Golden Feather: In the remake of DKC2, the golden feather is in the middle of an abyss immediately following a Klobber and a Kaboom. Jumping in the middle of the pit will reveal an invisible hook to latch on to.
- Photograph: At the start of the level in the Game Boy Advance remake, a Kloak can be defeated for its photograph.
- Treasure Chest: 3
- Find the Token! -- The entrance to the first bonus area must be broken open by a thrown barrel. The spot is after two Krunchas, and is distinguished with a banana at the entrance. In the stage, Diddy and Dixie have twenty seconds to toss a Treasure Chest at a Red Zinger multiple times, until it's destroyed. The Kremkoin is rewarded to the primates if done correctly.
- Find the Token! -- The second bonus level is found northeast of two rapidly appearing and disappearing ghost ropes. The duo have ten seconds to scale Ghost Ropes to cross an abyss. The Kremkoin is located on the right side of the Bonus Level.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin