Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|World||Sun Sun Island|
|Theme||Cliffy Peak theme|
|Notable features||Introduces Booster and Spinner Barrels. Contains the first boss fight in the game.
|Game||DK Jungle Climber
The level starts off with Cranky Kong telling the Kong how to move sideways in the air. The Kong should then jump into the Booster Barrel from the ground. The Kong must then move to the right, collect an Oil Barrel, jump into the Booster Barrel above, and then jump to another Booster Barrel. The Kong will be launched onto a rocky ledge, which will lead the Kong to the next section.
Cranky is seen nearby, and explains what a Spinner Barrel does. After going through a series of barrels, the Kong will land on a rocky ledge, which allows the Kong to continue.
The Kong must climb the pegs, jump into another Booster Barrel, and attack a Flitter to reach another Spinner Barrel. The Kong should then use the Spinner Barrel to go into a Booster Barrel, which will lead him to another Spinner Barrel. The Kong will be shot into another Booster Barrel. Two Flitters guard the nearby Booster Barrel. Donkey Kong must then shoot himself and can nab the DK Coin. He must continue shooting through Booster and Spinner Barrels while climbing pegs until he reaches the top of the section.
The Kong will encounter Xananab in a Banana Ship shooting missiles at him. Defeating Xananab will end the level.
- 3 Flitters
- Bonus Barrel:
- Oil Barrel: Found nearby the second Booster Barrel in the first section.
- Banana Coins
- 1: Found by highest Booster Barrel in the first section.
- 2: Nearby barrel that is reached by the second Spinner Barrel in the second section.
- 3: Found after being launched by the second Booster Barrel in the third section.
- 4: Found behind a breakable wall in the third section.
- 5: Found when climbing the last set of pegs in the third section.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found by falling off the highest Booster Barrel in the first section into another between a Booster Barrel the Kong was previously launched from.
- O: Found after being launched from the first Spinner Barrel in the second section.
- N: Found after being launched by several Spinner Barrels found after the fourth Banana Coin.
- G: Found on wooden platform after being launched out of the Spinner Barrel found after the last set of pegs.
- DK Coin: Found after being launched from the Booster Barrel surrounded by two Flitters.