This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Chain Link Chamber (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
- For the level in Donkey Kong Land 2, see Chain Link Chamber (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Chain Link Chamber|
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Notable features||This level has numerous chains to climb.|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
This level is set in a castle, similar to Castle Crush and Toxic Tower, the latter proceeding this level. The level has Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong climb up vertical and horizontal chains, often paired together in the form of a grid shape. Zingers patrol a majority of the level and are its main hazard. Klingers are found climbing and sliding down the chains, Krooks are encountered throwing their hook hands near the chains, and some Klobbers will try to ram the heroes off the chains. Depending on which route they take, Diddy and Dixie may also encounter Mini Necky enemies that dive at them.
- Kannons: 2
- Klingers: 5
- Klobbers: 7 (3 dark, 4 yellow)
- Krooks: 3
- Kutlasses: 3
- Mini-Neckies: 12
- Zingers: 37 (9 more in a Bonus Level)
- Bananas: 136 (30 in Bonus Levels)
- K-O-N-G Letters
- K: At the very start, in an alcove at the bottom of the level. It can be reached by climbing down a long vertical rope.
- O: There are two in Chain Link Chamber. After a Zinger swarm and Auto-Fire Barrels is a symmetrical area. There is an aloft alcove on both sides with the letter O. If either "O" is collected, the other disappears.
- N: In a square alcove left of the DK Coin.
- G: After the Exit Target is a ledge. The Kongs must use Team-Up to reach it. Above it is the letter G.
- Banana Coins: 1
- DK Coin: In a square-shaped alcove left of the letter N. The alcoves are right of a lone banana on the two vertical ropes where two Kannons fire down kannonballs.
- DK Barrels: 4
- Golden Feather (Game Boy Advance exclusive): After the two Kannons, Diddy and Dixie are chased upward by two Zingers. They have to jump from one tightrope to another. Above the set of ropes is the Golden Feather, in an alcove.
- Photograph (Game Boy Advance exclusive): At the start, after a long rope is a group of Klingers on a chain grid. The Kongs must use the Team-Up move on the second Klinger to the right for its photograph.
- Find the Kremkoin!: Near the level start are three alcoves, each guarded by a Krook. The lead Kong must defeat the third Krook to reveal a kannonball in the alcove's corner, guarded by a Klobber. They must carry it down to the south-east alcove, with another Krook. Behind the Kremling is a kannon which Diddy and Dixie have to load up with the kannonball to access its Bonus Level. In it, the Kongs must climb across a different tightrope on three different levels, each one with three Zingers. Hooks allow Diddy and Dixie to grab on to the next tightrope. After the third Zinger trio is a platform with the hovering Kremkoin.
- Find the Kremkoin!: After they bypass two Kannons, Diddy and Dixie must ascend up a vertical rope and jump left to the bottom of the same wall where the Kannons are positioned in. The duo are able to walk through the wall. They must head left and defeat the two Kremlings, revealing a hidden Bonus Level entrance. In it, Diddy and Dixie must fire themselves from a tightrope to another via Rotatable Barrels. The final barrel fires the Kongs upward to a ledge with the Kremkoin.
- Banana Coin
- Banana Bunch