This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
- This article covers the level from Donkey Kong Country 2. For the similarly named level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, see Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)
- For the eponymous Donkey Kong Land 2 level, see Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Animal Buddies||Squawks, Squitter|
|Enemies encountered||Krooks, Kannons, Kloaks, Zingers, Flitters, Click-Clacks, Mini-Neckys
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Bramble Scramble, in a similar case to Bramble Blast, takes place within a large thorny bramble infestation of the carnival. Unlike Bramble Blast, however, there are no Barrel Cannons to get Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong across the area. The level begins on some wooden boards with the heroes facing west. If the duo immediately head east they can find the "K" KONG Letter and a Banana Bunch. Beyond that, they will have to climb on some vines with Zingers flying about and Krooks tossing their hooks. Shortly after encountering a Click-Clack and a Krook, Diddy and Dixie can find the Animal Crate for Squawks the Parrot.
Squawks, as previously seen in the level Squawks' Shaft, can fly freely and use a nut-spit attack to defeat enemies mid-air. He cannot, however, damage red colored Zingers. He must defeat the regular yellow Zingers, Mini-Neckys, Flitters, and Kannons encountered in the level to progress. Squawks is usable twice in this level, once in the beginning prior to the Star Barrel, and a second time after some vine climbing past the Star Barrel. Alternatively, at the Star Barrels, the heroes can pass through some bramble thorns southeast of the Star Barrel to a hidden area with Squitter the Spider being playable via his Animal Barrel. He can use his web platforms to go up the area, and within the hidden area there is another pass-through segment of bramble, indicated by a Banana, which leads to the DK Coin, a Banana Coin, and a blue Extra Life Balloon. Shortly before the Exit Target, some Kloak will block the way, throwing Crates in Squawks' general direction.
- Click-Clack: 1
- Flitter: 8
- Mini-Necky: 5
- Kannon: 3
- Krook: 7
- Kloak: 4
- Zinger: 21 Yellow, 30 Red (plus ten yellow in bonus stage)
- Banana Bunch: 2
- Banana Coin: 7
- DK Coin: Found in a hidden area accessed by going through some bramble plants southeast of the Star Barrel
- Extra Life Balloon: 1 Blue
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Found by going east at the start of the level.
- O: In a corner following the Kannon shooting directly downward.
- N: In the area of multiple red Zingers, it is in the northeast corner guarded by a Krook. In the Game Boy Advance remake, there is no Krook guarding it.
- G: Squawks will become the "G" Letter by passing the No Animal Sign
- No Animal Sign: 3
- Golden Feather: In the remake of DKC2, the Golden Feather is found the second time Squawks is usable, in the upper right corner of two Zingers flying vertically.
- Collect the Stars! -- The first Bonus Barrel is gotten to by becoming invincible with a ! Barrel directly above the wooden planks with a Click-Clack and running through a thicket of bramble into a barrel cannon. The Team-Up ability is needed to reach the ! Barrel. In the bonus stage, the heroes must use Squawks to acquire forty stars within forty seconds. The stars are found in groups of four, guarded by Zingers. Squawks' nut-spit attack is needed to defeat them and get the stars, and their Kremkoin will await them at the bottom right corner of the room. In the Game Boy Advance remake, the number of stars to collect was reduced to 36, and are more spread out to compensate.
- Banana Coin
- Banana Bunch
- Extra Life Balloon