This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Black Ice Battle (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Black Ice Battle|
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Theme||In A Snow-Bound Land|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Black Ice Battle is one of five levels of the Lost World in Donkey Kong Country 2. It is accessible from Krem Quay's Klubba's Kiosk (otherwise anywhere else afterward in the Game Boy Advance re-release).
Black Ice Battle is a vertical level where Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong must descend a cavern with a frozen floor. They must watch their step as they must evade Zingers, dodge Krook hook projectiles, and avoid getting rammed into obstacles by Klobbers. Also thrown into the mix are Klampon and Spiny enemies that are found in groups. The icy terrain means that there is less traction, resulting in slow starting walking and rolling speeds. This makes jumping over multiple Zingers consecutively tricky. Some portions of the level can be bypassed completely with Dixie's Helicopter Twirl, due to the fact that she can hover down from above the obstacles and remain airborne over them.
- Flitter: 1
- Klampon: 11
- Klobber: 3 Black, 2 Yellow
- Krook: 3
- Neek: 3
- Spiny: 4
- Zinger: 48 Yellow, 2 Red (plus 6 yellow in bonus room)
- Banana Bunch: 3
- Banana Coin: 1
- DK Barrel: 3
- DK Coin: In the bonus stage.
- Extra Life Balloon: 2
- Kannon: 1
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: In the air past the first Red Zinger encountered.
- O: Above a Zinger thats above the Star Barrel.
- N: In the portion of the level with several Neeks and Klampons, the "N" is found by sticking to the right and proceeding downward.
- G: Between two Zingers that are defeated via Kannonball.
- Golden Feather (GBA): After the Star Barrel, follow the east path at the fork, jump down the gap and stick to the left side of the wall to find the Golden Feather.
- Treasure Chest: 2
- Find the Token! -- Accessed by breaking open a treasure chest to reveal a Kannonball, and taking the Kannonball down to a Kannon that is behind some Zingers. In the stage, twenty seconds are given to go down an icy slope with Zingers. A DK Coin is at the bottom.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon