This wiki is being merged with Super Mario Wiki. If you are a registered user, please take your edits over there.
Barrel Bayou (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Remember to check what links here and the the page history before deleting.
|Animal Buddies||Rambi the Rhinoceros|
|Enemies encountered||Neek, Klomp, Flitter, Kloak, Zinger, Krochead, Klobber, Click-Clack
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 2
Barrel Bayou is the first swamp stage of Krem Quay. It features murky surroundings, plant life growing everywhere, and several barrel cannons. Barrel Bayou mostly serves to introduce Diddy and Dixie to the swamp, with several basic enemies, simple platforming involving getting from one boardwalk to the other, and Rotatable Barrel cannon segments. The rotatable barrels are seen throughout the stage as means to cross abysses; Once one is entered, the displayed number counts down, signifying that the cannon will automatically launch within those amount of seconds. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong can reorient the rotatable barrel before it fires to be launched in the right direction. The Kloak enemy makes its debut here, being mysterious floating minions of Kaptain K. Rool that appear at several points throughout the walking areas, tossing projectiles and enemies at the Kongs.
Rambi the Rhinoceros is available in this level, and is found by jumping over the first Zinger, then onto a Krochead, and finally leaping to a small little boardwalk containing his Animal Crate. He is best used to dispose of any Zingers or Kloaks in the way. By getting Rambi to the No Animal Sign, the heroes are awarded a DK Coin.
- Click-Clack: 3
- Flitter: 1 (2 more in a bonus room)
- Kloak: 10
- Klomp: 1
- Krochead: 1
- Klobber: 4
- Neek: 9
- Zinger: 11 (1 more in a bonus room)
- Animal Crate: Rambi's animal crate is found by hopping over a Zinger onto some Krockheads which lead to it. Alternatively, taking the rotating barrels' path normally and firing a barrel cannon diagonally at the crate will suffice.
- Banana Coin: 2
- DK Barrel: 5
- DK Coin: Get past the "No Animal Sign" with Rambi.
- Kannonball: 2
- Green Extra Life Balloon: 1, in a treasure chest thrown by a Kloak.
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Above the first rotatable barrel cannon.
- O: Underneath a Zinger.
- N: Floating on a Kloak that throws some Click-Clacks. Once he throws some Click-Clacks, he will float away and the letter is accessible.
- G: Hovering near some bananas during the segment where the Kongs cross the swamp via cannon barrel that shoots vertically.
- Golden Feather: In the GBA remake, it is found in between two Rotatable Barrel Cannons while normally progressing through the level.
- No Animal Sign: 1
- Photograph: In the Game Boy Advance remake, the photo can be found by jumping on the Krockhead after the first Zinger in the level.
- Treasure Chest: 2
- Destroy Them All! -- To access this bonus stage, Diddy and Dixie will have to follow a Kloak that comes after the No Animal Sign until he drops a Treasure Chest containing a Kannonball. This kannonball must be put into the Kannon to be transported to the level. Once in the level, the Kongs will have 15 seconds to use a nearby Kannonball to defeat two Flitters and a Zinger above them. After accomplishing this, their Kremkoin is in the right corner.
- Find The Token! -- The heroes will have twenty seconds to reach the other side of the swamp area. They must use the rotating barrel cannons in order to make it across.
- Banana Bunch
- Banana Coin
- Extra Life Balloon
The Star Barrel is below a rotatable barrel